Ticca Garis Parked At Flora Fountain
Ticca Garis were horse-drawn Victoria carriages (named after the British monarch), and were the only mode of transport to come to Bombay in 1882 after The Bombay Tramway Company Limited was formally set up in 1873.
Today, instead of the Victoria carriages, have been replaced by black & yellow taxis.
Flora Fountain lies at the southern end of the historic Hornby Road (Dadabhai Naoroji Road) called the Mile Long Road, in South Bombay. It cost Rs. 47,000 or 9000 pounds sterling to build in the year 1864. Designed by R Norman Shaw and was constructed by the Agri – Horticultural Society of Western India.
Behind Flora Fountain, one of the first few building to come up was the Oriental Building in 1885,which cost Rs.87,000. In 1893, the building was sold to the Oriental life assurance Company.