Church of the Holy Name at Wodehouse Road Year-1905 (Code: 025) – Mounted Photo Print

 
 

$ 50$ 80

The Cathedral of the Holy Name is a Roman Catholic cathedral in Colaba. It is the seat of the Archbishop of Bombay as well as the headquarters of the Archdiocese of Bombay. It is known for its frescoes, a pipe organ, a large gold embroidered stole gifted by Pope John XXIII, and another by Pope Pius XII containing the red hat given to Cardinal Valerian Gracias, and a bell gifted by Pope Paul VI.

Clear selection

Description

Church of the Holy Name at Wodehouse Road
(Year-1905)

The Cathedral of the Holy Name is a Roman Catholic cathedral In Colaba and is the seat of the Archbishop of Bombay as well as the headquarters of the Archdiocese of Bombay. The residence of the Archbishop lies adjacent to it.

An older cathedral in Bhuleshwar initially occupied the position of headquarters, but when the site was sold, the former parochial Church of the Holy Name in Colaba was elevated as the Pro-Cathedral.

The cathedral is known for its frescoes, a pipe organ, a large gold embroidered stole gifted by Pope John XXIII, and another by Pope Pius XII containing the red hat given to Cardinal Valerian Gracias, and a bell gifted by Pope Paul VI during the 38th International Eucharistic Congress held in Mumbai in 1964.

It lies close to the site of the former Portuguese Church of Our Lady of Hope, or Nossa Senhora da Esperanca, which was demolished by the Propagandists. In its place the present Esperenca Building, also called the Eucharistic Congress Building, was built to house the delegates to the 38th International Eucharistic Congress in the 1960s. The Cathedral of the Holy Name is one of the two more known cathedrals in the city; the other being the older, Anglican, Cathedral of St Thomas the Apostle.

Additional information

Size:

Small, Medium

Weight:

216gm, 892 gm

Material:

Archival Print on 280 GSM Natural Evolution Imported Paper, Imported Mount Board with Shrink Wrapped.

Shipping Details:

7 to 10 Business Days.